View Single Post
Old 29.07.2020, 18:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 411 Times in 319 Posts
Thanked 17,270 Times in 9,699 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Suggestions regarding 1st tax return post AHV IV decision.

Quote:
View Post
Hello all,

AHV IV approved my application this year ( 2020 )

I received a lump sum for prior years and now have a regular IV pension. All brutto. When earning, taxes were taken at source.

My first, post IV decision, tax return ( for 2019 ) is coming up and I am confused as to how to proceed.

Together with a Swiss friend we completed all my previous tax returns. Neither of us are too clear as to how to proceed.

For this one off, should I engage someone experienced in such matters or should we do the best we can and assume the tax authorities work thru any potential mistakes - if any?

Many thanks
This is confusing. You say taxes were taken at source and then you've done previous tax returns. The only difference, if you have done tax returns, is that you put your pension in the box for pension, instead of the usual income one. Then make whatever usual deductions you had in the last year.

Also rather than hiring someone you could check if your tax office is willing to go through the form with you to make sure you've done it correctly. Once done, make a copy and then use it as your template for future years.
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post: