View Single Post
Old 01.08.2020, 23:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 217 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 7,421 Times in 3,283 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Buy an apartment in Vaud - non-EU citizen with student permit B

Quote:
View Post
Is that a problem if I start up a company here? My company is about creative media. We just submitted the information for the notary to handle.
You can invest in a startup, but you have no right to work in it in any capacity. The only thing you can reply on right now is the unexpired length of your permit to study here. The permit you have is for the purpose of studying not establishing permanent residence here. If you are buying a home and establishing a business, donít be surprised if your permit renewal is rejected since clearly you are exceeding the terms of your permit.

I would not advise anyone to pump a lot of money into a country they night have to leave at short notice.