View Single Post
Old 02.08.2020, 10:24

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
DarkHarlequin has earned the respect of manyDarkHarlequin has earned the respect of manyDarkHarlequin has earned the respect of many
Re: UPC, Swisscom or init7

Quote:
View Post
Is this disinformation? If you have copper, then you will be using swisscom-owned lines anyway, there is no alternative to that. So IMO it is also impossible that on copper you will have a "faster line" with (a third party subcontractor like) init7 or any other provider, that is, a speed that swisscom does not offer themselves.

Seems to be a lot of hardcore-init7 fanboys out there, promoting that provider over the top, regardless of his offers, that just range in the same area like other (subcontractor) providers in terms of speed.
No fanboying from me. No disinformation either. Just did the research.

Yes, itís based on Swisscom infrastructure. Yes, init7 provides a faster service than the equivalent Swisscom service as they donít limit line speed.

Swisscom offers a 100Mbps service to my address. Init7 offer a copper service that runs as fast as the line can. So for some it can make large difference. In my case that difference is marked as we get just under 400Mbps over Ethernet.
This user would like to thank DarkHarlequin for this useful post: