View Single Post
Old 02.08.2020, 13:05

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
SwissPhysio has no particular reputation at present
Moving to Switserland: requesting advice for places to live, fitting my profile

Hello all,

My plans are to move to Switserland later this year. I have been applying for jobs already before the Corona lockdown and have seen the area's of Zurich, Aarau and Basel. As a physiotherapist i am very lucky that my job is requested to some in extend in most area's. Since i'm moving to Switserland alone i found the area of Aarau a bit too quiet for me. I personally liked the vibe in Zurich much better then in Basel.

I wonder if people in the forum would like to give me some advice which places might be nice for me to live and work , and where i can try to search for jobs. What i look for:
  • German speaking area
  • I don't need to be in a city-centre, but i would be happy to be able to visit some events or fun stuff to do in 20-30 minutes traveling from my home
  • I'm not into going out or partying but it would be nice if there are some people from my age or expats in the area
  • I'm not into outdoor sports, but i just like to be able to join a fitness-club and soccer club in the area
  • Since i make a sacrifice to leave my homecountry it is very important for me i can save some money when possible. So if the area has a good average payment, low tax and affordable homes that would be important
  • If the area is on travel distance to a lake where you can swim in the summer would be very nice but not required
  • If the area is not to far (not much more then 60 minutes travel) from an airport would be a plus but its not required

Till now i was hoping to find something in the area around Zürich, i also heard about a town called Zug which looked very nice but i read the housing is very expensive.

I would like to hear from you,

Thank you and kind regards,
Jimmy (28 years old)