View Single Post
Old 03.08.2020, 13:15

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
scellers has no particular reputation at present
Re: UPC, Swisscom or init7

Another vote for init7. Had them for 2 years now, absolutely 0 issues, crazy responsive customer service (I needed to know the public IP range for something for work... super technical and not common request at all, they had me sorted in under 10 minutes).
Speed is always top-notch, you can bring your own router if you like.
They also quoted that it would take ~2 weeks to set up the connection but had it done in 3 days. Frickin' awesome.

It's so robust that if I'm on a video call and there's complaints of a slow connection from the service, or other people's video is stuttering, I *know* it can't possibly be me. That's more than I can say for my colleagues with other service providers.

To clarify, I have init7 fiber which is amazing. I've had UPC/Cablecom cable before which was just an absolute frickin' nightmare and would drop all packets for 1-2 seconds every minute (despite many calls with customer support and replacing the router multiple times), inconsistent speeds, and generally awful experience. Afterwards I had greenCH VDSL, which was fine but kind of slow.

Last edited by scellers; 03.08.2020 at 13:17. Reason: clarification
The following 4 users would like to thank scellers for this useful post: