View Single Post
Old 03.08.2020, 16:17
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 33 Times in 23 Posts
nejc has a reputation beyond reputenejc has a reputation beyond reputenejc has a reputation beyond reputenejc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What am I allowed to do if quarantined in Switzerland?

Yes, my first day in. As long as it is raining it's good.
I come back on Saturday from Mexico that was put on list in the middle of my travel. I had tickets from January and anyway, you are not justified to get money back if cancelling tickets, even for countries on risky list.
It's funny coming back from country, where 99% of people use mask and they have strict measures in every open business, to Switzerland, where people don't bother to put mask over their mouth in public transport and you still have to go to quarantine but that's the prize of having fun.
If I knew it enough in advance, I would fly to Croatia and have 10 days of holidays there and than go back to Switzerland. The Croatians don't give a s*** for quarantine as they prefer to get tourists and the Schengen are is completely open to Croatia.

I was not controlled on any single point, Zurich airport is still relaxed as always. Informing local authorities is completely up to you, I did it today in the morning. Got very boring mail back, but at least they say: "Besten Dank für Ihre Registrierung im Online-Formular."
Germans have option of doing test or having 14 days of quarantine, I was thinking of doing test in Frankfurt's airport but was finally too late. Test office is open till five, but it's outside of secure zone, so you need to wander around. I still hope the Swiss will add the test ability, I think it was already discussed.
I am doing home office, so it's not too boring and I am living alone, so luckily there will be no one to kill, when I will be annoyed about being locked. My friends will bring me food and leave it outside of the door. As my apartment is on the ground floor we can have a drink, me in a room, they on the outside.
The following 4 users would like to thank nejc for this useful post: