View Single Post
Old 05.08.2020, 15:15

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mrs Banana has no particular reputation at present
RAV / Interim Earnings/ Einzelfirma

Hi Everyone,

Due to COVID, I was laid off from my job which I had here in Zurich the past 6 years on a full time contract. I have a C permit (non-EU).

I have a few questions here as it relates to RAV that I was hoping someone with more experience might be able to comment on;

1. I was making 15k/month salary and so I am well aware that I will not receive the full 70% of my income. As I understand, I will be eligible for the max RAV (with no dependents) of around 8,500 CHF / month.

a. If I make interim earnings in a month of 5k, how much will I still make from RAV in that month?

b. If I make interim earnings of 70k (in one payment, due to a unique consulting agreement), how does this impact RAV?

2. If I plan to try to do some 'freelance' consulting during RAV, I assume I need to set up an Einzelfirma (sole proprietorship) in order to appropriately declare this income in Switzerland. Is this correct?

I appreciate any insights anyone has as it relates to having had an income in excess of the RAV cap as well as freelance consulting while on RAV.