View Single Post
Old 11.08.2020, 09:14
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 35 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 2,984 Times in 1,055 Posts
ennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
Whoopie Goldberg says she's an actor, not an actress. Because she can play any role, including male ones, and she's as good as any actor, male or female.

In the same vein, if Biden actually went for the best mate he wouldn't have limited his list, his choice would have been person xyz which just so happens to be female. By excluding males he implies that whoever he'll chose needed protection from the better (male) competition.
Or maybe, because finding the optimal running mate will always be a matter of opinion, and there are lots of possibilities, why not specifically choose from a specific group. Itís always a local maximum problem.

The US is so far behind other countries with respect to gender representation in leadership. And thereís always going to be a large segment that doesnít want any women. But at the same time, women are influential voters, and truth be told, getting women of color out to vote is a big asset to the Democrats. I donít think settling on a female running mate is a bad thing. There are lots of possibilies who would do a fine job.

I donít believe there is one single person who is best.

I also donít believe that there is evidence of Biden ďsliding into DementiaĒ the man has a speech impediment (stutter), he has a particular mid Atlantic accent. Those of you diagnosing Biden online - what is your clinical expertise?
This user would like to thank ennui for this useful post: