View Single Post
Old 11.08.2020, 11:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 472 Times in 353 Posts
Thanked 11,916 Times in 6,195 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
Or maybe, because finding the optimal running mate will always be a matter of opinion, and there are lots of possibilities, why not specifically choose from a specific group. It’s always a local maximum problem.
All the more reason to at least pretend that there are no limitations.

Of course there's a ton of behind-the-scene dealing and agreements. Getting someone in such a position, i.e. an alpha person, to agree to settle for second best and keep from pushing for the top position is probably almost impossible. The VP's willingness and ability(!) to enter into and exercise such an agreement seems likely to exclude 90% of the candidates, and many of the remaining will be ineligible because they have too many skeletons in the closet.
Quote:
View Post
I guess that's one way of looking at it but I prefer an honest approach in that he is declaring his intentions rather than putting a man on the list only to satisfy those who feel a man should be represented as well.
Like, who?

In the current climate each and every Democrat with a public profile who'd even remotely suggest anything to that end would be immediately shot down and canceled. Immediately, and without the slightest chance for a comeback.

And as for the derogative "old white men" ... this is a sexist, ageist and racist term. Nothing could demonstrate the double standards of the woketivists and modern feminists any better.
The following 2 users would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post: