View Single Post
Old 12.08.2020, 14:03
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
eairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss in London - and maybe back in Switzerland?

"It’s only as complicated as you make it (or it was pre Brexit). I know plenty of Brits who spend the summer in the UK and winter in Switzerland."

But I didn't make the tax laws in either country... (if I did it would be a lot easier and much more in my favour!)

Living and working in 2 different countries will give you tax complications in each, as well as the healthcare insurance issues and residence registration requirements in Switzerland.

Yes, as Island Monkey says, it is not insurmountable. Plenty of people do do it. But unless you are reasonably rich, the costs of 2 sets of accountants plus all the time involved arguing with tax authorities can get on top of any normal person. You need to get professional advice before ploughing ahead.

At least I assume you won't have the added complication of not understanding one of the langauages.

Good luck!

Ian
This user would like to thank eairicbloodaxe for this useful post: