View Single Post
Old 12.08.2020, 14:58

Groaned at 19 Times in 6 Posts
Capetownian has earned the respect of manyCapetownian has earned the respect of manyCapetownian has earned the respect of many
Re: Hospital 'forgot' to do 2 things during my surgery.......

I‘m really sorry you need to go through all of this. It does sound like you have a case and you may win it, but the question I suppose is what will you win and will it have been worth it for you? Hospitals/doctors actually make a frightening number of mistakes, most never discovered, some due to the fact medicine isn’t always an absolute science and some due to the ridiculous pressure of ‚efficiency‘ in the system. Hospitals all have insurance and I imagine they might agree to settle quite early on if approached by a lawyer but I have no personal experience on this. If I was you though, I think I would seriously balance this against the stress, time and possible costs, at a time where you clearly have other priorities regarding your wish to get pregnant. Switzerland isn’t a pro-litigation country, it would be a tough road for you. I would probably try to move on and focus on what to do next that is in my best interests. Good luck, either way, look after yourself.