View Single Post
Old 14.08.2020, 16:08
Forum Legend

Groaned at 96 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 12,491 Times in 5,069 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Offered Top Floor in Fribourg.

Quote:
View Post
... I never lock it going to cellar, to washing room or to pick up stuff from outside. ...
I really love living in a country where it is not necessary to do lock things all the time.
This depends on whether you are content to cover the possible costs of so doing.

Quote:
View Post
Do people really leave their doors unlocked? For me, it’s just a habit to lock it.
And you are right to do so, even though we generally live in safe country.

The agent at the insurance company where I have my household insurance told me that if you leave a window open, and go out, or if you leave a door unlocked, even if you are just going down to the cellar, up into the attic, or into the laundry in your own building, or working outside on fixing your bicycle, or visiting a neighbour, and during that time someone enters your home and steals or damages something, or causes some damage (such as a fire or water damage), the household insurance will not pay anything at all.

Put another way, leaving one's home unlocked renders one's household insurance void.
The following 2 users would like to thank doropfiz for this useful post: