View Single Post
Old 15.08.2020, 03:05
Forum Legend

Groaned at 63 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 4,070 Times in 1,901 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
Since your poster says "voted", I'm going to guess it happened after the election, so I doubt election law covers it. Not a nice thing to post to people however, I agree.

Not really the same principle at all though, it hasn't affected the election, it isn't in the US, it isn't a felony. Apart from that, totally analogous.
It was put up overnight on the night before the election. I was only in the seat the day of the election so there's no way I'm mistaken on this point.

It's an outright attempt to bully and intimidate voters into not voting conservative. It absolutely is an felony on at least two grounds - I) not bearing an official imprint, ii) not being listed as an election expense. I'm also reasonably sure that you aren't allowed to put up literature within sight of the polling station. The message may also be illegal although I'm not sure on this point. It certainly should be.

You also aren't allowed to put up election literature on council property - which this was. Although I don't think that's a felony, I could be wrong.

The point is far too many left wing activists have very little respect for the rules of democratic conduct. We aren't taking one or two people- we are talking thousands of pieces of undeclared illegal literature just in one seat. Obviously dodgy PV practices. Messages that proport to be from different parties (I've seen one that bore the Lib Dem logo too). There's meant to be a level playing field and there isn't.

I've never seen any significant rule breaking from campaigners in either the Tory or the Liberal party in years of activism.
The following 2 users would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post: