View Single Post
Old 16.08.2020, 08:42
Forum Legend

Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,871 Times in 8,102 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss people. The masters of passive aggressive notes

Quote:
View Post
That's what I tell my fellow volunteer firefighters when they insist on trying to carry heavy stuff for me. Dude, I know what I signed up for and it's not much use trying to be chivalrous in an emergency, I need to be able to do the same as everyone else.

Oh wait, is that not what you were trying to imply here? Funnily enough, we don't really have any radical feminist women in the fire brigade, or at least none that I have come across.
I don't know how these situations are comparable, why on earth one wouldn't carry heavy stuff if that's one of the job's prerequisites. It's actually quite dumb not to learn or practice stuff needed for a profession/occupation one chooses. Would police women be exempted from learning to shoot or fight? Of course not, they would be a danger for themselves and for society.

It was about casual conflict and aggression or whatever nastiness we sometimes see in the street/public transport etc and people/men just looking somewhere else and minding their own business. Funnily enough, it's mostly women who interfere in such situations, well at least according to my experience. Not always very effective, but at least they try. I never asked them if they were radical, non-radical or whatever sort or shade of feminists (if at all), because that's really not the point here.

Last edited by greenmount; 16.08.2020 at 08:56.
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: