View Single Post
Old 19.08.2020, 07:02
Forum Legend

Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,717 Times in 8,048 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss people. The masters of passive aggressive notes

Quote:
View Post
It's annoying and I am incredibly tired of it after the roughly 27 years of my life of dealing with this sh*t. But I will not give them the satisfaction of rising to their pathetic, insecure and frankly desperate attempt of "putting me in my place". At my old workplace, it ranged from subtle things like expecting the only female in the room to be the one getting coffee at client meetings, no matter how senior she was to initially spending more time discussing a female applicant's photograph than the actual CV it came with.

There is a real problem and when you challenge these things, you get told to "not be so uptight" or to "have a sense of humour". Well, we are not laughing and if we are, it is a sardonic grin that we have mastered because telling the dinosaurs how we really feel would result in the usual "she is overreacting" or "boy, what a ball buster" comments. My latest strategy when someone makes a more or less veiled sexist, homophobic, racist or other out of order quip: I look at them with my most clueless face and say "sorry, I don't get it, can you please explain?". I love watching them squirm.
This.

Btw, tell them to develop their sense of humour and to laugh at themselves too.
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: