View Single Post
Old 20.08.2020, 09:23
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
waypererson has no particular reputation at present
strange documents requested - Permit B renewal for Non-EU

Me and my wife, both non-EU citizens came to Lugano (TI) due to my wife's academic work. She gets a Permit B and I also get a Permit B over Family Unification. After 11 months, I finally found a job at the University. Everything went perfectly well so far, now it's the first time we will apply for permit renewal.

My university HR told me to renew my permit over "family unification". All the application work should be undertook by my wife's university and they will also send my documents to Immigration Office seperately. So we agreed on it, both HR guys also agreed on it and my wife's university makes the permit renewal application for both of us.

Next day, my wife received an e-mail from Immigration Office in Italian telling her to send them something like "please give us information about your conditions, if everything is OK...". So she asked her HR what to do and her HR prepares a letter for my wife declaring

1) our living conditions and economic situation are fine (OK, acceptable)
2) we will leave the country after her academic work is finished (why???)
3) we will not apply for any financial help from the canton...

Actually we have finally reached a situation where we can fund ourselves more than enough and if everything goes OK like this, we wanted to apply for a citizenship. But this really makes us think about it. Are we "unwanted here?"

Does anybody have faced with such a situation? Any recommendations?