View Single Post
Old 20.08.2020, 11:03
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
waypererson has no particular reputation at present
Re: strange documents requested - Permit B renewal for Non-EU

Quote:
View Post
I would never say what is in paragraph 2. But I would add that you two are integrating well in your community (and give some examples).
I don't want to make such a declaration neither. The HR person told "normally they don't request such a document, it's a bit strange".

Quote:
To begin with, not all permits type B are the same. If it's coming fro the university, the permit of your wife may say something in the back like "education along lucrative activity" in Italian. This B permit is different to the B permit that allows to work unrestricted in CH "lucrative activity". Why both permits are B? Don't know, maybe the alphabet is that short that they had to use B more than one time.
She's "working" in the university as a PhD assistant and receives and income above 3000 CHF. Her Permit B is "Formazione con attivita", mine is "Ricongiungimento con attivita". I assume both of us can work.

Quote:
Next, it is curious that HR offered to do this job for your wife and you. Usually, everyone is responsible of their permits. Did your wife signed something to let HR people act in her behalf?
No.

Quote:
Then, where's the money for the university position coming from? Is it a mobility grant from other country? Cantonal funds? Swiss science fund (SNF)? What were the specific grant conditions? Some academic funding has some conditions about staying or leaving.
This is interesting. I will check this.

Quote:
I'd get rid of the middleman and deal directly with cantonal authorities. The HR people has nothing to gain or lose, why expect something from them?
You are totally right, but we don't know Italian and they don't speak English. We also trust the HR's since they do the same business for a long time and we assume that "they know the business better than us".

Do you think making such statements like "we will leave the country" could be problematic in the future?