View Single Post
Old 20.08.2020, 14:28

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
alefsin has no particular reputation at present
Is UPC interested in keeping exisiting customers?

I have been a UPC customer for a long time. Currently I have a 300 Mbps internet subscription from UPC (79 CHF/month). Recently, they have updated their offerings and now have 3 options for 100, 600 and 1000 Mbps.

I noticed that the price that I'm paying for my current subscription is the same as the new 600 Mbps. So I tried to change my subscription on their website. It did not work. A popup came and told me to talk to the customer service.

I called the customer service, asking about switching to 600. I mentioned that I am not asking for any promotional price they might currently have as I'm happy to pay the full price. The customer service lady answered that there is no way for existing customers to get this subscription and I can only upgrade to the highest tier, i.e. the 1000 Mbps.

I posted about this on UPC forum, and guess what, they gave me the same answer and specifically confirmed that the 600 option is NOT available to the existing clients.

It seems to me that basically, UPC is suggesting that I should cancel my subscription and then join again as a new customer! Huh, I bet this way I would even qualify for the promotional 50% discount!