View Single Post
Old 21.08.2020, 10:17
waypererson waypererson is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Lugano
Posts: 13
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
waypererson has no particular reputation at present
Re: strange documents requested - Permit B renewal for Non-EU

Hello people,

First of all, thanks to all the contributors. I can not tell how much I appreciate your help, really. After reading your recommendations, we went to the HR partner, told her that "we don't want to sign it". She was also a bit unsure about the necessity of such harsh declarations, so she told us that she will "ask the authorities one more time". She came back with "authorities decided that they don't need such declarations". So I think we will continue without an explanation. I hope it would not be considered as we "ignored" their request. I will keep you updated about the developments. Hope I come back with the good news.

I'd get rid of the middleman and deal directly with cantonal authorities.
As some of you have pointed out: we are dependent to the HR partner since 1) they are the employer, so they ask the permit and 2) we are not literate in Italian. We previously contacted the cantonal authorities in English, and they responded in Italian (and we managed to understand it via GoogleTranslate) but we believe that we should act in the way that the HR partner told us. We are already learning Italian, but i expect at least a year to be fluent.

Might it be a possibility that OP ask their own employer to try to obtain a permit, i.e. convert the status of "dependent upon spouse's permit" into a "permit in own name"?
I will try it in the future but for now I am very new at the office and I don't want to be the pointy guy from the first day. If things get ugly with the authorities, I don't know if I would have any other choice. When my place becomes more stable, I will surely ask them to request my permit independent from my wife. Would it be too hard for them? I remember I've read somewhere that there is a slight easyness in the permits for people who is employed in academia who are "contributing swiss research to bring it world class level" or something.
Reply With Quote