View Single Post
Old 21.08.2020, 11:26
Forum Legend

Groaned at 218 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 15,264 Times in 7,847 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Berufswahlerkundung / Apprentice Day

Quote:
View Post
Hello EFers! I am seeking help from someone in a profession willing to have my 14 year old son shadow you for the day or part of a day. In school, they have spent about six months investigating different careers and taking tests for what areas interest them (Berufswahlerkundung). It all leads up to these 'shadow' days.

This is a *very important* activity in his school, and we just had a last minute COVID cancellation for one of his scheduled days. The date is August 31st, but his teacher also said it is possible to make up over the October vacation.

My son is interested in psychology & law primarily. He is also interested in project management, science, screenwriting and advertising. He is currently in the 2nd class in the Bezirkschule (8th grade) and while I may think it is mildly ridiculous for teachers to expect kids that age to have an idea of THE FUTURE, that is the situation.

If anyone can help, we would be so grateful!! We are in Baden, but open to travel pretty much almost anywhere as long as it is in CH.

PM me pls for any questions.
Kids who do an apprenticeship here start that after finishing grade9. Finding a company to do an apprenticeship is very, very difficult, so starting one year before is normal. Just saying.

I don't quiet understand what you are looking for exactly. Is this only one day? Wouldn't be that the father/son (mother, daughter ... what ever) day? If so, are you looking for a surrogate-parent due to the interest of your child? (That might be difficult as the employer of that person would have to agree as well).

Or a "Schnupperlehre"? That's normally longer than one day (a week or so).

Or is it a new thing all together and if so, don't the school provide a list of companies that offer this?
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post: