View Single Post
Old 24.08.2020, 08:01
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
magic has a reputation beyond reputemagic has a reputation beyond reputemagic has a reputation beyond reputemagic has a reputation beyond reputemagic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Children turning 18 - staying with parents

Quote:
View Post
You might have to rethink your attitude. I don't want you to think that imho you shouldn't listen to your teen kids' wishes nor stop making them happy. But the talk should maybe start with "Alright, this is my situation and my plan. This is what we as parents can/want to afford." And reconsider maybe this talk together with the kids' mom?

I wouldn't suggest this but you already worried about waiting on them without them taking care of you, do chores. If they were small, I'd get it. But almost adults? 18? Cmon.
Agree, I took my -eye- of the ball over the summer holidays, too immersed in my mothers health, work and trying to survive all the inbound demands & consequences of divorce.

Not making excuses, it is with me so I own it and am taking action. Have a meeting with my eldest therapist on Wednesday as I have given my son an ultimatum as to what he needs to do!

I am beyond grateful that I now have access to fantastic advice about a lot of things, children, divorce, retirement, debt management etc ... At least I am confident now that I can divide and conquer a lot of challenges facing me.
The following 3 users would like to thank magic for this useful post: