View Single Post
Old 25.08.2020, 12:59
Forum Legend

Groaned at 411 Times in 319 Posts
Thanked 17,348 Times in 9,733 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will it be possible for me to move to Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
Hi all,

I'm a Uk citizen who previously lived in Switzerland, but moved back to London last year after taking up a new job, however with the COVID-19 pandemic, working from home is now a permanent option for me. My partner is considering whether we should move back to Switzerland, but I wanted to know whether anyone has experience of working for a UK company, but living in Switzerland full time?

My company is not based in Switzerland whatsoever, my work will all be UK focused and I'll be paid into my UK accounts, so I won't work in Switzerland or earn an income, but will be able to afford things such as health/private insurance/rent/living costs etc.

Any shared experiences or knowledge would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Won't matter; as bowlie said you'd pay tax here since this is where you'd be resident. You'd also need to have Swiss health insurance.

Another thing you have to consider is the fact that unless the UK/EU come up with some sort of agreement, UK nationals will be treated as non-EU from January 1st 2021 which would make it more difficult for you to move here.

"10. What is the situation for UK nationals wanting to move to Switzerland after 31 December 2020?

UK nationals wanting to move to Switzerland after 31 December 2020 are not covered by the agreement on acquired citizensí rights.

Unless an additional bilateral agreement between Switzerland and the UK is concluded, UK nationals wanting to move to Switzerland after 31 December 2020 must meet the terms of the Foreign Nationals and Integration Act (FNIA). They would be subject to quotas in such a case.

Switzerland and the UK are conducting talks on a possible future immigration scheme. The exact form of the scheme has not yet been agreed. Any agreement on immigration after the AFMP ceases to apply must respect the terms of the Swiss Constitution (e.g. Art. 121a)."

https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home...rexit/faq.html