View Single Post
Old 26.08.2020, 16:04

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Bossa Nova has a reputation beyond reputeBossa Nova has a reputation beyond reputeBossa Nova has a reputation beyond reputeBossa Nova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bike with fat wheels

Quote:
View Post
Thanks all for your detailed replies so far. I just want a cheap bike so I can ride around on the weekend when it's quieter. I will go for a cheap mountain bike which has a little 'fatter' wheels on average.

Could I ask another question as I am such a rookie with bikes. I'm 5"11 (180cm) with an inside leg length of 34 inches. Swiss bikes seems to judge size of bikes by frames. What size frame should I be looking for? Is 29 inches (48.2cm) too small for my size?

If you're looking for a cheap bike you might as well head to Decathlon or Ochsner sport to have a salesperson help you find the right size. Also, there has been a lot of discussion about tire width and rolling resistance, I made the point that having knobby tires (vs. smooth) is what can really affect your rolling resistance. It should be perfectly possible to find a bike with wider, more comfortable tires that are still a bit "slick" so they roll easily.
This user would like to thank Bossa Nova for this useful post: