View Single Post
Old 29.08.2020, 18:49

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Casaurina has no particular reputation at present
Employment rights during 90 day short term employment

Please can someone advise me whether normal Swiss employment law applies to people working in Switzerland under the permitted 90 day short-term employment rule? My 20 year old son is working in a temporary job for up to 90 days in Ticino canton, and his Swiss employer has registered him for this purpose with the relevant authority.
The problem is that he is being made to work longer hours, and more continuous days without a day off, than is normally allowed under Swiss employment law. When he queried this with his employer, she said the normal employment rules don't apply to people working for this 90 day period. Is that true?
She also said that she is providing him with free meals in lieu of having a day off each week - is this allowed? The free meals were agreed in advance for the first 2 weeks of his employment, whilst he is working at the employer's summer mountain home. He was not told he would lose his one day off a week to pay for the meals!
I would appreciate any advice about this, as I suspect he is being unfairly exploited.