View Single Post
Old 01.09.2020, 13:01

Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
wrongster is considered knowledgeablewrongster is considered knowledgeablewrongster is considered knowledgeable
Re: Swiss contract but living abroad

Quote:
View Post
Hi Tom and others, I have a similar situation: I live in Sweden and the US company based in Zurich offered me a permanent remote position. Since the company is based in Zurich they would like to offer me a Swiss contract. However, the question is how to set this up administratively in Sweden? Where does the Swiss company register for paying all employee contributions in Sweden? I would like to help the company with this information, so I appreciate your answers in advance.
Most of the time you will need to register a company wherever you are based and have a service contract with the company. This is not the same as a work contract. You are your own company and offer a service abroad.

Being employed by a company that has no legal presence in the country you reside in is just not legally possible. Who would pay your unemployment insurance, your pension etc etc. As I said earlier, only possible if you pay them yourself in your country.