View Single Post
Old 02.09.2020, 11:30
Forum Legend

Groaned at 113 Times in 69 Posts
Thanked 5,608 Times in 2,163 Posts
John_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Working from home - 150CHF compensation?

Quote:
View Post
I can see and do sympathise with those who are not used to WFH and don't have an environment suited to supporting this. Where the employer is considering forcing the situation to be long term, they definitely should compensate the employee (after all, office space has certain fixed costs that are pretty high and the employer is saving with WFH).

Additionally, certain equipment should be supported or compensated; I used my own computer and have a desk, screen and chair - this is where the compensation from my employer, hopefully on a regular basis, allows me to have nice kit.

It's not for everyone and will have casualties. 150 will not resolve the issue for a good proportion of people and never everybody.
I think this is it.. It's not about a one off 150.- payment.. It's more about being properly setup to work from home if that's what the employer enforces.

I have a home office with all the kit but only ever intended to use it for odd days here and there, never full time. Many people I know are working on a laptop in their living room or kitchen table.

It's early days, most big employers will not be reaping a benefit from reducing office space but it may come.. At that point I'd sure like to see at very least, fully provided equipment, suitable desk and chair etc. and nice to have would be a contribution to fixed costs like internet and electricity.
This user would like to thank John_H for this useful post: