View Single Post
Old 02.09.2020, 15:29
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
kngavl has a reputation beyond reputekngavl has a reputation beyond reputekngavl has a reputation beyond reputekngavl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Receipt of filing Withholding Taxes

Quote:
View Post
Withholding tax is the 35% deducted from interest paid on investments and unlikely to be anything to do with your employer or salary.

I assume you are paying Quellensteuer - tax deducted at source on your income. Filling in a tax declaration will be a lot of work and unlikely to get you any money back.

There was a post recently on EF by someone complaining that they paid more tax after completing their first tax declaration...
I am aware of the implications; I am paying Quellensteuer but for other reasons (taxation abroad) I need to provide some document from the government/canton rather than my employer indicating that I have been paying Quellensteuer and how much has been paid.

I this documents exist although I'm not sure what it would be called. The closest thing I could see would be to ask for a reassesment, which would at least give me a form...