View Single Post
Old 03.09.2020, 17:19
Kundo Kundo is offline
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Horgen
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Kundo has no particular reputation at present
Should Dependent Spouse request for independent B?

Hi All,

I am requesting your advice on our current Situation.
Since last 4 yrs we stay in CH : 2 yrs L + 2 yrs B Permit
Non-EU - with My B permit and spouse/kids as dependent.

Now since this year my wife is on job on dependent B permit.

Should my wife request her company to file an independent B on her Behalf. From what we hear the company would be open to do it.

Our Questions are:
1. Is this business as usual - happens all the time or something very specific and takes loads of documentation / process?

2. Will her getting a B permit (from another Kanton) be an issue in our stay in current kanton ? because of kids school, my job etc we dont want to move) or would this disrupt the C-Permit/Passport length stays?

3. If I loose my B permit - would I still be eligible to stay on dependent on spouse's B permit and continue same or any other job?

4. Is there any other factor to consider +/- ?

Request you opinion on above - or if someone has encountered it himself/herself.

Many Thanks,
Reply With Quote