View Single Post
Old 04.09.2020, 12:12
qwertz qwertz is offline
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Zurigo
Posts: 294
Groaned at 16 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 200 Times in 115 Posts
qwertz is considered knowledgeableqwertz is considered knowledgeableqwertz is considered knowledgeable
Re: Should Dependent Spouse request for independent B?

View Post
It is strange to admit someone on a formation permit that fundamentally and intrinsically has no ability to fulfill the graduation requirement.
No it is not strange as people on student / training permits are considered to be on a temporary stay for the purpose of studies and are expected to leave at the end of the training period.

It is only after a relatively recent revision of the law (following the Neyrinck parlamentary initiative in case curious) that access to non-EU graduates of Swiss universities was eased, of which the second sentence of art 34 al 5 stems from.

I let you read the SEM guidelines and ordinance for the admision, stay and lucrative activity for foreigners (OASA in French) to understand what counts as a raison majeure (I can save you time and tell you being a postdoc is not one of them) but best of luck to you.

Last edited by qwertz; 04.09.2020 at 13:23.
Reply With Quote