View Single Post
Old 07.09.2020, 09:37
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 39 Times in 24 Posts
KiwiSteve has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiSteve has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiSteve has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiSteve has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cycling in Zurich

[QUOTE=catandmouse;3214619]Be aware of electro-cyclists with yellow plates. They can move at up to 45 km/h and aren't allowed on cycle paths. Indeed they are considered in the same category as mofas, which also have the same yellow plates. Unfortunately most yellow-plate electro-cyclists don't understand the rules are a real menace for "normal" cyclists and even more so for pedestrians, with whom they are often supposed to share the space.
On Sundays beware of what I call the Tour de France cyclists who bomb along the cycle tracks at speeds way above what I'm doing and ignore all road signs

Mofas have always been allowed on designated cycle paths/lanes. The faster Ebikes the same.
At the moment it is a learning curve as I have to get used to the increased speed and to the fact that pedestrians and drivers often underestimate my speed. The regulations are only just catching up with the situation.

AFAIK, the the situation is different when it is a shared pedestrian/bicycle path.
Difficult to find the exact regulations but here is a link:
https://www.ch.ch/en/cycling-switzerland/