View Single Post
Old 07.09.2020, 10:33

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sunflwr has no particular reputation at present
Re: Serious speeding offense on Motorway

Quote:
View Post
The usual Swiss fines and penalties more or less assume that this is exactly the case. So, no discount for that.

If you went a true 160 km/h the worst case scenario is to be billed for 160 km/h. The tolerances are to compensate for potential measurement errors. Do not count on them. If you want to count on the tolerance it will be 5 km/h in case of a laser system or 7 km/h in case of a radar based system (larger tolerances if the measured speed was 151 km/h or more). https://www.admin.ch/opc/de/classifi...078/index.html

If you are lucky you are "just" 33 km/h over. That would be Art. 90 Abs. 1 SVG, a hefty fine of around CHF 600, plus court fees, and a ban of most likely 1 Month (because of the previous incident), plus admin fees. Even if we account for potential speedometer over-reading we would end up most likely with that, maybe a smaller fine.

If you are less lucky you end up with 35 km/h or more over the speed limit. That would be Art. 90 Abs. 2 SVG., a monetary penalty of around 20 days (likely suspendend for 2 years), a hefty fine of >600 CHF in case the monetary penalty is spendend, court fees, and a minimum 3 month ban, and some more fees.

Thanks for the reply..

My husbands friend who has a history of driving offenses, going 25 over (multiple times, I'd say more or less 12 times) is just now getting a fine for $900 and losing his license for 1 month.. I hope it's not the case for me to lose my license for 2 years since this is my 2nd time getting a hefty offense.. I will let you all know what happens next!