View Single Post
Old 07.09.2020, 18:30
Forum Legend

Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New eyes? Don't forget to get an eye test

Quote:
View Post
Turned out I've one eye at 0.3. Overall 0.8. So I'd definitely need glasses in Italy. Funny thing is, my brain seems dismiss the weaker eye when I'm looking at distance - everything looks sharp. Similarly at closer distances, the more long-sighted eye just keeps quiet!

Just shows the main organ of sight is the brain!
Plenty of people in there 50's / 60's actually make one eye less good so they can function without glasses 100% of the time. 0.3 should be perfect for reading for many years.
I find if I do wear glasses the extra glass if they are not 100% clean, or with headlights at night it's better with no glass, so I have a pair with only 1 lens in. The good eye is just below 100%, I can read most of the letters but not all on the line & the other eye is 80%. In bright sunlight it makes zero difference as the iris is stopped down.
Funny story, when I went to the optician in ZH for the sight test I did not speak German, I was able to score 100% in both eyes just by squeezing my eyeballs during the test whilst I was trying to explain what I could see!
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: