View Single Post
Old 27.09.2008, 18:14
kvrbpl's Avatar
kvrbpl kvrbpl is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 86
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 33 Times in 18 Posts
kvrbpl has no particular reputation at present
Unemployment benefits as Non EU??

I am looking for some clarification on unemployment benefits. Here are the facts of the case

My wife works for a business thats closing down. would she be eligible for any benefits considering the following:

1) We are both Non EU on B permits
2) I am gainfully employed
3) She has been with the firm only 7 months

I strongly feel considering her loss of job is not a real hardship for us, there is no chance of claiming any benefits!

But in any case I would like to know the following:

1) Where do you go and declare your loss of job if you need to claim benefits? We live in Basel but she works in Zurich--What is the name of this office where you need to register?
2) What do you need to produce as a proof? (Like termination letter, what kind of proof do we need to have to prove she is still looking)

Any pointers much appreciated----

Thanks all in advance
Reply With Quote