View Single Post
Old 09.09.2020, 20:17
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 414 Times in 245 Posts
Thanked 2,402 Times in 1,141 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Are we back to the Libertarian, Liberal or Conservative debate again? So now your a libertarian -- laws should be obeyed only when it suits you? I can just imagine a slew of cases being thrown out of court: "I was indeed driving at 160 mph, Your Honour, but that's because I wanted to and I found the speed limit not to my linking. I refer you to the precedent set by HM Government..."
It was illegal to be homosexual pre-1967, or get an abortion pre-1968. The law tends to be in black and white yet the world we live in is shades of grey. I believe in the Rule of Law, however I also see it's not perfect. Just because something is in law, it doesn't make it right. Sometimes it is necessary to break the law.
The following 3 users would like to thank TonyClifton for this useful post: