View Single Post
Old 10.09.2020, 14:30
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 38 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,465 Times in 1,201 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New to Switzerland and investing - help needed!

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for all the tips everyone.

Should I also consider robo-advisers? Please excuse my naivety, but they seem take a lot of hassle out of the entire process. Do they have any major drawbacks? Are there any that come strongly recommended?

Although I have a basic understanding of the various investment products, I'm not sure that I am in a position to objectively assess my investment risk profile and how to split up my investments accordingly.
I wouldn't personally. They'll be significantly more expensive than trying to do things yourself, and that could cost you a lot in the long run. My advice would just be to stick to something you feel confident with and leave it be for a couple of years.

If you don't feel confident to select an active investment, I'd personally just go with a passive world tracker such as iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF USD (Acc) https://www.justetf.com/ch-en/etf-pr...n=IE00B4L5Y983. You are just following the world's stock markets which in the long run should be going up not down. At 31 and without a house on the horizon that is a comparatively low risk investment imho.

Perhaps you could consider that as your main vehicle and try out some active investing with smaller sums to gain some confidence, and to get an idea about how volatile some of the more concentrated actively managed funds may or may not be.

Its scary to put your toe in the water but rewarding ultimately - but that's just my 2p. I was terrified when I started a few years ago, but now I'm pretty calm and relaxed when the markets turn. The younger you start with this the better.

Last edited by HickvonFrick; 10.09.2020 at 14:54.
The following 2 users would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post: