View Single Post
Old 12.09.2020, 01:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 240 Times in 203 Posts
Thanked 23,248 Times in 9,883 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maintaining small house & living in the lower mountains questions

Quote:
View Post
At the risk of looking very stupid, could you please explain why you do this. Thanks.
I can't speak for dragoneiric and maybe this is an outdated practice no longer required today but my grandpa told me that any rubber tyred vehicle, be it a bicycle or a wheelbarrow should, if it will not be used for say 6 months or more, not be stored on its wheels but some other way. Bicycles can be turned upside down or hung from hooks. Wheelbarrows can be stowed on end or sideways. With cars its not really a problem because you typically don't store a car that long without moving it. I guess the reason you do this is because air gradually leaks out of the tyre and this can lead to tyre damage, but this is just a guess. I have noticed in the automobile museum in Mulhouse many of the older cars are supported by rather inconspicuous metal supports which I guess take the weight off their wheels.
The following 2 users would like to thank amogles for this useful post: