Old 13.09.2020, 01:28
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
mr_muffin has no particular reputation at present
Re: TV licence, Serafe in place of Billag

Quote:
View Post
Flipping SERAFE

I've just had a bill, with the wrong postal address, but in our names, for 730- for 2019 & 2020.

I already paid 2 bills in Feb & Nov 2019..... unfortunately didn't keep bills but have eBanking proof of payment. Basically getting double billed.

I think there is an address issue.... when signing up for phone/internet etc, the phone companies have our phone line under a different address to our actual postal address.

I have a feeling this is gonna be a nightmare to sort out ... not paying it but don't want to get a Betreibung either
Hi,
I havenít been in Switzerland for a while, so I am not sure how scammy the new licensing system is. However, in my personal experience, swiss people are usually willing to quickly fix their mistakes. If you are sure there is a mistake (and it might be genuine of you think is an address issue) get in touch with them, send them all the bills and receipts you have and explain the situation. If they are wrong and you can prove it, there is good chances they will correct their records. Again, only my personal experience, but everytime something was off and I was sure I was right, and I had proof to back up my version of the story, i got an apology and things would be sort out fairly quickly. It is worth a try. Are you sure it s not a bill for next year?