View Single Post
Old 13.09.2020, 13:46
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 49 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,870 Times in 1,392 Posts
me.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond repute
"New" SBB Luggage Lockers

I don't use these often, and the first time I came across the "new" variety was on Friday at Lucern main railway station. For those who don't know, these differ from the old blue lockers in that they are credit card operated from a central console, replacing the individual coin mechanisms on each door. Further, you don't get a key, you get a slip of paper with a code.
A tip was to take a photograph of the paper slip, which I duly did. On returning to collect the deposited items some time later, I though I'd try to present my mobile phone screen, showing a picture of the QR (bar) code, to the scanner instead of the actual paper slip. It didn't work. I didn't have too much time to experiment, so I gave up and presented the original paper ticket to gain access to the locker. I guess I'd have had the option option of typing the code number in manually so the photograph would have still been useful in the case that I had lost the original ticket.
I'll be curious to hear if anyone who is inclined to experiment with these things has any success using a picture on a mobile phone to open such a locker. Possible reasons for my failure were that the picture was not exactly straight, that the magnification was wrong, the screen contrast was poor etc. I can think of a number of scenarios where this could be useful, including the loss of the original ticket.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg locker.jpg (37.1 KB, 308 views)