View Single Post
Old 14.09.2020, 17:07
Forum Legend

Groaned at 72 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,114 Posts
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WFH in London

I'm not sure where you're thinking the 183 days/midnights in the UK come in. If you have working days (not midnights) over a certain amount, you'll become UK tax resident from that. It's certainly less than 183 days. Technically many workers have already become tax resident in their non-Swiss WFH country because of the number of working days. I believe there's a general dispensation for the corona situation but it probably won't go on forever.

You can/should lose your permit if you're out of Switzerland for 6 months or more although it's uncertain whether that's continuous or not. You might be able to put it on hold but that could only be for C permit holders.

I suppose you probably can't be on the existing Swiss contract but if your company has offices in the UK they could second you to there. Alternitively you're probably looking at working through a different UK company either your own or another with a company to company contract.