View Single Post
Old 16.09.2020, 07:58
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,179 Times in 780 Posts
Thanked 19,003 Times in 7,370 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Public forums and GDPR... right to be forgotten and requesting account deletions

Quote:
View Post
Posting private details and contact details are not allowed as per the forum rules. Would one be able to force the forum to remove such posts after breaking the rules themselves?
The forum rules obviously do not override the fundamental principles of GDPR that must be adhered to.

Plus, the forum rules also do NOT forbid posting identifiable details about your life, which can be what I summarised in the OP as information about medical history, sexual orientation etc etc:

Quote:
What can constitute personal data?:

During the lifetime of most posters, some making many thousands of posts, it is very possible that they have wittingly or unwittingly posted things that could be considered to be personally identifiable. Not only do some users put personally identifiable data in their usernames and/or profiles when they register, but this forum deals with many sensitive topics. These can be employment, tax advice, medical advice, sexual advice, sexual orientation, religious stances, political views and discussions just to name a few of the heavy hitters. There are so many instances where people post things like: "I am x and have x and live i x" etc etc. People also sell things and give portions of their home address, and al of this rich variety of potentially sensitive data, in combination with many other things that are posted from the things I listed earlier, could certainly (and quite easily in many cases) lead to a personally identifiable situation.