View Single Post
Old 16.09.2020, 12:08
Forum Legend

Groaned at 99 Times in 88 Posts
Thanked 19,576 Times in 8,681 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious Speeding - the law, the fines.

Quote:
View Post
I called the radar office and I was told that I'm likely looking at a 600 CHF fine and a warning, but I'm more and more convinced that they guy on the phone mistakenly believed I was on the highway because according to the information I gathered from this thread I should get at least a 1 month suspension.
The fine and the ban are handled by to different offices respectively. See also first post of this thread. CHF 600, 1 month ban, and some more hundred CHF in fees is what you have to expect.

Quote:
View Post
1) Does it actually matter if I explain the whole situation? I got caught 2km after the semi-highway ended and there were no speed signs other than the end sign (https://www.google.com/maps/dir/46.5...b1!4m2!4m1!3e0)
No. After the sign the regular speed limit of 80 km/h applies. No other signs needed.

Quote:
View Post
2) Would I risk in incurring in higher court fees if I attach any notes at all? I'd guess that someone would have to actually process it so it wouldn't just be handled "automatically"
I do not think it will incur higher fees. But I am not sure what kind of evidence you want to provide.

Quote:
View Post
3) Are there any chances that the minimum of 1 month is waived if I have no priors?
No. The 1 month is when you have no priors.
This user would like to thank aSwissInTheUS for this useful post: