View Single Post
Old 16.09.2020, 17:36
Forum Legend

Groaned at 99 Times in 88 Posts
Thanked 19,576 Times in 8,681 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious Speeding - the law, the fines.

Quote:
View Post
fine was from Uri, the suspension was from Ticino. my understanding is that since the new stricter rules (about 2015?) this is now a federal requirement for them to do this. so no way out of it. i can't imagine what would happen if i did it again within 5 years, but i'd probably end up moving to another country!
What he means is that 11k to be paid and "only" 68k as a supsendend monetary fine is not usual. On the other hand a 79k monetary penalty is neither usual.
41 km/h over on autobahn would be a monetary penalty of around 30 days @ CHF 2600 per day. Nice pay check you have.

If we look at the full picture: the hefty fine to be paid in case of a suspended monetary penalty can be up to 20% of the monetary penalty but must be at least CHF 600. You got a hefty fine of 15%. Quite a lot.
On Hiatus- Normal operation will resume 22.02.2022 22:02:20.22
The following 2 users would like to thank aSwissInTheUS for this useful post: