Old 18.09.2020, 10:42
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
nemurob has no particular reputation at present
Re: Do I really have to pay this?

Quote:
View Post
Background:

I am a consultant, living in Luzern, staying in a serviced apartment (Think long term Hotel with weekly cleaning, etc...). I recieved the Radio/TV licence bill and wasn't sure what to do with this.

Thoughts:
I am only here till the end of December, all television services are provided by the property. Any extra fees, etc... are wrapped in my montly bill/rent (or so I thought). Radio? are you kidding me? I haven't listened to the radio (broadcast) in 5 years. The TV that I do watch at the apartment (flat) is all cable but not even much of that, since I prefer Netflix/Prime/Hulu, etc...

Just curious as to what my obligations are. I could certainly get my company to reimburse me, but I suppose that its kinda the principle of the matter. I.e. I don't think that I owe anyone anything (but I've been wrong before, and will probably be so again)

Thanks for your input..
It may be too late at this point, but in case you're still thinking about this and haven't made any move, if the serviced apartment you've rented states in the contract that they handle the TV and internet fees (mine did) and they are not listed on your name anyway, but on the name of the landlord company, then call Serafe (phone number on the bill) and see what they say.

In my case they, they agreed to change the invoice to start since I started have internet on my name, not since I stayed in the Hotel, but for this you need to go with the proof of hotel registration at the Gemeinde where you are registered, as they work together on this.

If you're still in the serviced apartment, and you have no internet contract on your name, then my guess is you shouldn't pay, as you can prove "you" have no internet on your name, which is one of the requirements.

Good Luck
This user would like to thank nemurob for this useful post: