View Single Post
Old 20.09.2020, 21:24
KlaraM KlaraM is offline
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
KlaraM has no particular reputation at present
Re: Should Dependent Spouse request for independent B?

View Post
This is something I have wondered also. I came here in 2014 as a post doc from Canada, so I was on a formation avec activité permit B. My wife joined me in 2015 as a PhD student, got her own formation avec activité permit B. After 3+ years as a postdoc I went to help build a startup company (exactly in my field/training) but instead of giving me my own permit they decided to give me a familial regroupement avec activité. The company is now incorporated with 10 employees and steady funding and I am trying to get my C permit (I've been here 6 years, and as a Canadian I should be able to get it after 5 years if I was working outside the university for 2 years, which I have been). However, I'm worried that because I am on a family regroupement with my wife who is still in formation it will mess it up. The last 2 years I have tried to apply for my own permit but they keep just rubber stamping and sending me a family regroupement.

My husband and I have very similar situation about application for C permit. He is here already 10 years, has a German certificate and other required documents, working last 2 years on my B permit, so family reunification (I am PhD and EU citizen, he is non-EU citizen). We will try as well for him that he gets C permit. Please, if you already tried it, let us know how all passed. I keep the fingers crossed.
All the best!
Reply With Quote