View Single Post
Old 21.09.2020, 12:58
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
MrBurnley has no particular reputation at present
SuisseFox G1 Guarantee

Good afternoon everyone,

Once again I come for your sage advice, though on a different topic than usual.

I'm considering buying a used car. It's a 2017, in good nick from what I can tell, just had an MFK, and seems very well priced, but it does have 100K on the clock. It is an ex-lease and according to the dealer the last driver worked as a sales person for a company that served the entire country, so it is mostly highway driving. Nevertheless, high mileage is high mileage so I'm keen to protect myself in some way. As means of a guarantee the dealer mentioned SuisseFox G1 for 1 year could become part of the deal.

http://www.suissefox.ch/en/produkte.htm

From what I understand this is a third party warranty / insurance that will cover the engine, gearbox, axels (the stuff I am mostly worried about), and that it goes through the dealer, as he is also a garage that does services. Does anyone have experience with this particular guarantee (or something similar)? Do they typically pay out or is it a case of fighting tooth and nail over specifics to determine what is fair usage etc? It's not something I am familiar with at all. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!