View Single Post
Old 21.09.2020, 19:31
HeidiHi HeidiHi is offline
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Unterwasser
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HeidiHi has no particular reputation at present
Hello All. I live in the U.K. and get taxed on my income. I am about to buy a property in SG for rental I am stumped by the taxes. Iíve tried tax advisors but as we havenít bought yet they arenít interested. We are buying a house for 600 CHF with a mortgage of 350CHF. We expect to get about 19000 CHf in rental income but most of this is swallowed up in costs. In terms of my position we own a house in the U.K. worth about 1.5 mill CHF with a mortgage of 400CHF but this is due to astronomic house price inflation. I am told we can either take the top tax band on the income from rent or declare all assetts. Not sure what is the cheapest option. When working through on a calculator it looked like tax would be 5000 CHF which is a lot on a property thatís not actually delivering any upsides financially and just paying for itself. Any advice

The fist two numbers are obviously Ď000ís - sorry newbie

Last edited by roegner; 21.09.2020 at 19:36. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Reply With Quote