View Single Post
Old 21.09.2020, 21:32
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 67 Times in 36 Posts
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,015 Posts
Talk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond repute
Re: General property buying question(s)

If occupants are 1 or maybe max 2-

House A- 70m2/ 3 rooms- Plot size- 235m2 (sufficient for me). Situated in the valley. Better public transport access and near to hot tourist destinations. 1 parking place, I could possibly survive without buying a vehicle.

House B- 110m2/4 rooms- Plot size- 1100m2 (better investment?) It will stretch my budget and mean I need to earn and save more in the next 15 years! Located on side mountain of a valley but similar actual elevation to House-A. 2 parking places and I think I will need a vehicle.

If build quality of both houses is roughly equal would you pay extra CHF130'000 for House-B? Technically I could pay up in cash for either house if future mortgage terms became unbearable or if bank came knocking for money. Although more money will get tied up with House-B. Both have beautiful views. I will visit both if they don't get sold. So that will make things clearer hopefully.

It is so hard making life impacting decisions! Specially as I have no kids to change my nappies