View Single Post
Old 22.09.2020, 11:00
qwertz qwertz is offline
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Zurigo
Posts: 294
Groaned at 16 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 200 Times in 115 Posts
qwertz is considered knowledgeableqwertz is considered knowledgeableqwertz is considered knowledgeable
Re: Should Dependent Spouse request for independent B?

Getting a C permit has nothing to do with being EU.

The special exception for EU PhD students and post-docs to have their study years counted retroactively is because under the FMOP agreement, they would usually obtain a durable 5 year working B permit with a work contract greater than 12 months.

However under Swiss law study years are considered temporary, so this provision was made to not penalize EU PhDs and post-docs when applying for C (after 5 or 10 years, depending on the EU personís nationality)
Reply With Quote