View Single Post
Old 23.09.2020, 20:25
Hoplakaas Hoplakaas is offline
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Zug
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hoplakaas has no particular reputation at present
Should I apply for a permit? (unmarried - partner w/ B-permit)

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend moved to Switzerland on a B-Permit. For the last two months I have been living in Switzerland as a tourist but did not register at the municipality yet. Iím coming back on Monday from my home country to move in with him. I am contemplating if I should register or just resident here as a tourist while I donít have a job.

When I come back there is a possibility that I have to quarantine upon arrival so I might have to provide them with contact details.

I have been told that the extension of a L-permit can be quite hard, even as an EU-citizen. Besides that, I have also heard that it is quite hard to proof that your partner can provide financial stability. Applying for a permit would mean that if I donít find a job in 3-months I can get kicked out...

What is smartest to do? Is there an (unmarried) couple that has been in a similar situation where one of the partners had a permit and the other did not?
Reply With Quote