View Single Post
Old 23.09.2020, 21:14
Forum Legend

Groaned at 411 Times in 319 Posts
Thanked 17,341 Times in 9,731 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should I apply for a permit? (unmarried - partner w/ B-permit)

Quote:
View Post
Hi everyone,

My boyfriend moved to Switzerland on a B-Permit. For the last two months I have been living in Switzerland as a tourist but did not register at the municipality yet. Iím coming back on Monday from my home country to move in with him. I am contemplating if I should register or just resident here as a tourist while I donít have a job.

When I come back there is a possibility that I have to quarantine upon arrival so I might have to provide them with contact details.

I have been told that the extension of a L-permit can be quite hard, even as an EU-citizen. Besides that, I have also heard that it is quite hard to proof that your partner can provide financial stability. Applying for a permit would mean that if I donít find a job in 3-months I can get kicked out...

What is smartest to do? Is there an (unmarried) couple that has been in a similar situation where one of the partners had a permit and the other did not?
You're moving here permanently so you're not a tourist. He needs to apply for concubine permit for you (for unmarried couples). If he/you can prove a long term, committed relationship and he has the financial resources to support you then it should be okay.

Otherwise you could apply for an L job seeker permit for 3 months (doubt you can come as a tourist again for 3 months since you've only just left). If you can support yourself financially then it should be granted. Whether you could extend it is questionable - usually it's 3 months as a tourist, 3 months on the L and that's it; you'd be expected to leave the country after that if you don't have a job by then.